Economist San Francisco
Generate insights and impact from data.
Stripe is one of the world’s largest platforms for technology entrepreneurship. We help power 100,000+ businesses across 100+ countries and in almost every industry. As Stripe grows, we have increasingly interesting opportunities to use our unique aggregate data to investigate a broad array of economics-related questions. We’re interested in topics like entrepreneurship rates, firm growth dynamics, international trade trends, marketplace economics, and more. We’re looking for a top-tier economist to help us answer important questions in these and other areas.
- Conduct empirical research on large datasets, testing economic theories and models. The research should at least in principle be publishable in top-tier journals: we’re looking for rigorous results, not expedient analyses that make us look good.
- Work closely with Communications, Public Policy, and Leadership teams to create research reports and data visualizations.
- Where appropriate, collect new data from surveys, publicly available sources, or through experiments.
You’d ideally have:
- PhD in Economics.
- Advanced skills in R/Python/Stata and knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of latest economics academic literature related to entrepreneurship, firms, international trade, employment, or technology adoption.
- Familiarity with publicly available data and microdata.
- Experience with D3 or other data visualization tools a bonus.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Your best academic paper.
We look forward to hearing from you.