Developer Support Engineering Manager San Francisco
The Developer Support Engineering manager will grow and inspire the team responsible for the success of developers integrating with Stripe’s products. At Stripe we consider this developer experience to be central to the overall experience of our customers. We’re seeking an experienced manager to lead this group of software engineers as it scales rapidly with the company.
- Attract, recruit and develop the very best talent Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team
- Work cross-functionally across Stripe to develop solutions to meet customer’s requirements
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations
- Define and deliver a comprehensive technical support experience for developers integrating Stripe
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Stripe to influence others in aiming for the best developer experience possible
- Lead change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the global Customer Experience team.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics that ensure the future sustainability and quality of the developer support experiences
You may be a good fit if:
- You have a track record of leading productive user-facing engineering teams
- You attract great teammates
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about design and integration decisions
- You have at least a couple of years of user-facing engineering management experience
We look forward to hearing from you.