Developer Advocate San Francisco
Grow Stripe’s developer community around the world.
At Stripe, we’re building the commerce infrastructure of the internet. Our Developer Relations team works with the largest developer audience possible. We are engineers and storytellers, representing Stripe to developer communities all around the world and inspiring new and existing users to build on top of the Stripe platform.
As a Developer Advocate, you’ll establish strong relationships with developers around the world in a scalable way, by crafting great resources to help developers build with Stripe, including samples, blog posts, and documentation. You’ll foster developers communities, championing their interests and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
If you’re passionate about connecting with developers, trying out new frameworks and technologies, and sharing what you’ve learned with the world, we’d love to hear from you.
- Create momentum and drive adoption of the platform through your interactions with developers building applications and businesses on Stripe.
- Champion Stripe’s developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, writing technical tutorials, publishing articles and videos.
- Build inspiring demos, sample apps, and continuously improve the developer experience of our APIs and SDKs.
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to grow our developer community.
- Influence the direction of our developer products by gathering insights from our developer community.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Creative, empathetic, communicative, and clever.
- Confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small.
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly.
- Strong hands-on developer who is comfortable with full-stack development.
- Intellectually curious, with great problem-solving skills.
- Happy to travel regularly.
You should include these in your application:
- Code you’re proud of.
- Products or projects you’ve worked on.
- Links to your blog or your profile in online communities like GitHub, Twitter, Quora, or Stack Overflow.
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and technical.
- What you find most interesting about Stripe.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-DNP
We look forward to hearing from you.