Data Scientist Intern San Francisco
Generate insights and impact from data.
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars every year for hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. One third of Americans bought something on Stripe in the last year.
With all this data, we’re looking for talented interns to join the Data Science team to help us better understand our users and build better products. If you are data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
Interns may work on various initiatives such as new feature experiments, adoption and engagement analyses, customer segmentation, risk evaluation and fraud detection, or improvement in conversions.
- Work closely with experienced data scientists to design and implement approaches to inform decisions made by product and business teams
- Apply statistical and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
You’d ideally have:
- Expect to receive PhD or MS in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science within a year
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics or experimental design
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
- Description of the most interesting data analysis you’ve done, key findings and its impact
- Link or attachment of code you’ve written related to data analysis
We look forward to hearing from you.