Data Privacy Compliance Project Manager San Francisco
Stripe is looking to hire a project manager with a love for data, technology, and privacy.
Security, privacy, and transparency are important to Stripe and our users. We are looking for a driven, forward-looking project manager to work on a wide variety of SSAE18 SOC certification and data privacy program needs supporting Stripe’s growing business. You will manage the end-to-end SOC certification process, including: managing the audit relationship, coordinating cross-team efforts in response to audit requests, and working closely with teams across Stripe to ensure timelines are met. In addition, you will help manage General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), international data transfer compliance frameworks, and similar data compliance operational and administrative work.
The right person will have the ability to handle sensitive, confidential matters and exercise sound discretion and judgment. The candidate must be interested in taking an active role in a team-oriented and fast-paced Legal Department and be able to thrive in a changing and rapidly growing environment.
- Interface with external auditors and track internal activities relating to SSAE-18 SOC 1 and SOC 2 certifications, ensuring completion of deliverables in accordance with agreed upon timeframes and company goals.
- Understand the end-to-end SOC certification processes and effectively communicate these with internal stakeholders in legal, security, engineering, IT, and finance.
- Work with privacy counsel to ensure Stripe has appropriate record-keeping for GDPR, international data transfer compliance solutions, and complementary frameworks.
- Identify overlaps with complementary data compliance frameworks and review evidence of compliance for adherence to frameworks.
- Assist privacy counsel with the development, maintenance and enhancement of Stripe’s global privacy program, including preparing and maintaining related documentation and record-keeping.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years project management with a technology or financial services company.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant practical experience in overseeing multiple large cross-organizational projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrative interest in the data protection or security landscape.
- Working knowledge of data privacy principles.
- Familiarity with Google Apps/GSuite and communication apps.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SSAE18 methodologies for SOC certifications. Working knowledge of EU data protection regulations.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.