Credit Underwriting Manager Singapore
Stripe handles handle billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world, and the Risk team plays a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership health. As a manager on the Credit Underwriting team, you will directly impact Stripe’s bottom line and growth capabilities by building a team of credit risk experts who enact data-driven, scalable policies that support a trustworthy and equitable payments ecosystem. Your team will conduct detailed investigations on the financial history of businesses and individuals to determine their creditworthiness and make recommendations on whether any mitigations are necessary to protect Stripe while preserving a positive user experience.
- Find and grow a team of credit underwriters with deep expertise in financial analysis, client happiness, and risk management.
- Define and execute on a long-term vision for managing the largest credit risks to Stripe.
- Help your team members with professional growth and challenge them to exceed expectations.
- Work with teams across Stripe to manage and lead cross-functional risk projects.
- Cultivate a metrics-driven approach to solving problems and deciding what to focus on.
- Help build a world-class risk operations organization by recruiting and training the best people and defining organizational processes to support them.
Our ideal candidate excels in many of the following areas:
- Is a talented coach and mentor dedicated to nurturing talent and helping team members perform at their best.
- Can set and maintain a strategic vision for the team, while also reacting to new external inputs or internal shifts.
- Has strong collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across organizations and borders.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP) and comfort with reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Can think critically about complex problems, appropriately weight many factors and reach a definitive conclusion.
- Has experience recruiting, developing, and managing diverse and high-performing teams.
- Experienced working in tech, or in another fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Include resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Whatever information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
We look forward to hearing from you.