Country Lead Tokyo
Grow Stripe globally.
Stripe is rapidly expanding globally, and we are looking for the people who will help make this happen. Specifically we feel that each market has its own challenges and opportunities, and that these are best addressed by a strong local team.
As one of the most diverse roles at Stripe, you will excel at handling ambiguity and uncertainty. You know what it is like to start something from scratch, grow it structurally and methodically. We are looking for people who have been directly involved in scaling a business from inception. Stripe is a highly technical company and a strong sense of how to market and localize our product is key.
- Help recruit the local team needed to support and grow the market.
- Work to establish the ‘for developer’ brand, gain trust in the community and build out wider brand recognition.
- Drive comprehensive in market growth through the structuring and execution of a sales, marketing, and partnerships strategy.
- Handle the day to day operations of Stripe in market, fielding questions and issues which touch every part of the organization.
- Work to localize the product where needed through coordination with the product team to create the best experience possible for local users.
You may be a fit if:
- You are a native speaker of the language of the country for which you are applying and have lived and worked there extensively.
- You love building and scaling - you have previously built out the team and operations for a technical company.
- You have a strong track record of engaging with the local tech community.
- You are outgoing. You love bringing people together. You’re excited about building communities.
- You feel comfortable communicating with customers and partners. You’re able to explain complex issues in clear, non-technical language.
- You have successfully led growth efforts. You know how to segment a market and prioritize appropriately.
- You love the details. To build a great localized product means you care about every nuance of the experience.
- You love having data to back up an argument. You’re a strong believer in knowing the numbers and what they mean. You are highly analytical.
- You are naturally curious. If something seems off, you want to figure out what is going on and fix it.
- You can think globally, act locally, and thrive in a multicultural, startup environment.
- You like and are willing to travel.
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your relevant background and interests.
- Three paragraphs on how you would scale Stripe in your country.
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. Linkedin, Twitter).
We look forward to hearing from you.