Corporate Communications San Francisco
Tell the Stripe story
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries.
Stripe helps new companies get started and grow their revenue, and established businesses accelerate into new markets and launch new business models. To date, our corporate communications approach has been driven by our mission of lowering barriers to online commerce, arming upstarts with sophisticated software tools, and supporting globalization as a force for entrepreneurship and job creation around the world.
Now we’re looking for someone to join the team who can help us scale our efforts. This corporate communications role involves developing messaging platforms for key Stripe executives; inserting Stripe’s voice into relevant industry issues; driving corporate stories; working closely with our policy team to define Stripe’s point-of-view on local, national, and global policy topics; coordinating with our legal team on corporate and reactive issues; and more. The ideal candidate is creative, has strong media relationships, and isn’t afraid of a few lines of code.
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and other influencers, particularly with corporate/business media.
- Help drive corporate stories that position Stripe as an ambitious and thoughtful technology company.
- Grow Stripe senior executives’ profiles as thought leaders among relevant business and tech press.
- Help drive Stripe’s point-of-view on industry, regulatory, and other policy-related topics.
- Coordinate the team on strategic communications and reactive messaging; provide message guidance and resources for cross-team use.
- Help manage global agency teams and ensure consistency across geographies on enterprise audience developments and initiatives.
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- Experience collaborating with legal, policy, and senior executives.
- Relationships with key business and technology reporters.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
We look forward to hearing from you.