Corporate and Policy Communications San Francisco
Tell the Stripe story
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries.
Stripe helps new companies get started and grow their revenue, and established businesses accelerate into new markets and launch new business models. To date, our corporate and policy focus has been driven by our mission of lowering barriers to online commerce, arming upstarts with sophisticated software tools, and supporting globalization as a force for entrepreneurship and job creation around the world.
Now we’re looking for someone to join the team who can help us scale our corporate communications efforts. This corporate and policy communications role involves working closely with our policy team to define Stripe’s point-of-view on local, national, and global policy topics; inserting Stripe’s voice into relevant issues with key Stripe executives; coordinating with our legal team on corporate and reactive issues; and more. The ideal candidate is creative, has strong media relationships, and isn’t afraid of a few lines of code.
- Help define Stripe’s point-of-view on broader policy topics and help further its profile as a thought leader with relevant national political and policy press.
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and other influencers, particularly in national and political media.
- Identify strategic opportunities for policy/issue engagement, from both Stripe as a brand and Stripe’s appropriate principals.
- Work with principals and spokespeople to develop “voice” and messaging via media training, penning op-eds, interview opportunities and speaking engagements.
- Develop and refine messaging on policy, regulatory, and legal developments impacting Stripe and Stripe’s workforce.
- Coordinate the team on strategic communications and reactive messaging; provide message guidance and resources for cross-team use.
- Help manage global agency teams and ensure consistency across geographies on public policy developments and initiatives.
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations or policy, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- Experience collaborating with legal, policy, and senior executives.
- Relationships with key business, policy, and technology reporters.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
We look forward to hearing from you.