Corporate Accountant, General Ledger San Francisco
Help scale our financial infrastructure globally!
Stripe is building a world class accounting team. Our accounting team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, identifying key opportunities, and mitigating risks. We’re looking for a corporate accountant to join our fast growing team and help us leverage internal business partnerships and systems to streamline general ledger and monthly close related processes. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and better track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Help identify, assess, and implement technical accounting guidance as it applies to relevant accounting areas such as leases (ASC 842).
- Support scaling our processes through automation by working on system implementations and enhancements.
- Develop and own monthly close processes for general ledger related processes including prepaid and accrued expenses, fixed assets, and cash.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and fluctuation analysis leveraging our existing financial systems and tools.
- Help prepare and present monthly and quarterly management reporting packages to management.
- Partner with and support our Finance & Strategy teams on understanding our corporate spend including new initiatives and projects.
- Develop and leverage business partnerships across Stripe, including our Workplace, People, Finance, and Engineering teams.
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to research complex transactions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across Stripe.
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
To apply, please include:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.