Corporate Accountant San Francisco
Help scale our finance infrastructure globally!
Stripe is building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with finance engineers and our financial operations team to build great systems. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a corporate accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our integrated financial systems, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Play an integral role in designing Stripe’s systems and infrastructure to automate daily and monthly accounting and reporting.
- Help build and develop the monthly close process; prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules on a global basis.
- Help support operations in 25+ countries, 130+ currencies with fully automated and autonomous reporting systems.
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues, provide management reports, and perform analysis as needed.
- Drive audit readiness and compliance, including international statutory audit processes and reporting compliance.
- Work with audit, tax, and other accounting providers.
- Work alongside the Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, Compliance, and other teams to anticipate and support changing business requirements.
- Partner with the business, legal, operations and engineering teams to understand, document and integrate new products and accounting flows into our integrated financial system.
Our ideal candidate will:
- 4-6 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Comfort working with engineers and non-finance technical partners across Stripe.
- Excellent Excel skills, and facility working with extremely large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Netsuite).
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP (IFRS a plus).
- The ability to be detail oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- The ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- A builder’s mindset and a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom. - You love creating new systems and solving problems via infrastructure and automation.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Experience with SQL, R, or equivalent.
- IFRS knowledge.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.