Compliance Analyst Dublin
Super sleuths protecting Stripe and promoting responsible growth!
We are looking for an aspiring compliance professional to join our compliance team based in Dublin. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to review regulatory compliance matters supporting Stripe’s growing business.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions, and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Monitor accounts and transactions to identify suspicious activity.
- Complete filing of suspicious activity reports (SARS) with the local competent authority in multiple jurisdictions - completing the required investigations and narratives for each authority.
- Assist in conducting risk analysis of prospective merchants, sometimes including complex payment models.
- Scale internal controls processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of financial risk, especially as our user base rapidly expands.
- Help support the needs of our banking partners around the world.
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
- Have basic knowledge of payments infrastructure and operations.
- Be naturally curious, with a variety of academic and/or vocational interests; you know stuff about the real world.
- A super sleuth: if something seems off, you want to understand why.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, and you will be wrong some of the time.
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business.
- A real data head.
- An excellent communicator with an ability to convey complex ideas succinctly.
- Able to achieve both immediate and short term goals with appropriate supervision.
- Fluent in one or more non-English languages (not required, but a big plus as Stripe continues to expand internationally).
Nice to haves:
- One or more years knowledge of AML/CFT and basic understanding of AML/CFT procedures within financial institutions.
- AML/CFT certifications (ACAMS, ACFCS).
- Familiarity with internet technologies and related policy issues.
- Wry sense of humor.
- A good dash of common sense.
- Calm under pressure.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
- A description of why you’re interested in working at Stripe in this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.