Global Compensation Lead San Francisco
Come and build with us the foundation on which every Stripe can build their best self.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars in payments each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
Stripe’s people are it’s most valuable resource, and in leading Global Compensation, you’ll be responsible for the design, implementation, and integration of our compensation strategy to help us attract and retain top talent. You’ll be instrumental in building our key global compensations programs across internal organizations, and help Stripe continue to scale effectively while working closely with management and teams globally.
- Shape and drive Stripe’s global compensation strategy on cash, bonus, and equity compensation, in line with our Total Rewards philosophy.
- Design and lead our compensation programs and processes and ensure excellent execution and delivery in 10+ countries.
- Manage a team of currently 2 Compensation analysts
- Use your expertise in the design of equity plans and modeling in order to actively customize our strategy to Stripe’s stage of development.
- Contribute to and implement Stripe’s Total Rewards philosophy and strategy in compensation related decisions and processes.
- Partner with HRBPs, managers, business leaders, and the executive team on compensation matters.
- Selecting, building, and maintaining internal compensation systems, partnering with HR Operations and HR Systems teams to integrate with Workday.
- Be very data driven and stand for objectivity, independent decision taking, utmost credibility, and trustworthiness.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 8+ years of work experience in developing and managing global compensation programs and processes for both public and private companies, preferably in a high-growth, scaling, technology environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, managing and scaling global compensation teams.
- A strong understanding of compensation best practices, current compensation trends, and market benchmark data; ideally across US, Europe, LatAm and APAC.
- Strong understanding of HR Information Systems, specific experience with Workday preferred
- Proven analytical skills, keen eye for detail, and have truly in-depth knowledge of Excel including building and maintaining complex models.
- Experience communicating effectively across teams, including translating quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
- The ability to communicate across diverse groups and geographies with clear, approachable, and friendly style.
- A deep commitment to excellent customer service, empathy, and discretion.
We look forward to hearing from you.