Communication Designer San Francisco
Design at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We think that building an internet business is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. We also believe that there are far too many barriers to doing business on the internet and that the opportunities to do it are not equally distributed throughout the world. To break down those barriers and make the opportunities available to anyone, we’re designing the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling an online business—from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) team in San Francisco.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Work with product marketing to define, design and deliver launch and product pages on Stripe.com
- Work cross-functionally to define, design and deliver collateral for our sales and support teams
- Communicate the value and functionality of Stripe in design, icons, and illustration.
- Push the limits of what web design can do and should be
- Sometimes translate wireframes into finished designs, and sometimes work end-to-end
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Able to and interested in working with and expanding Stripe’s visual design language
- Are an expert in either visual, web, or UI design, but skilled in multiple disciplines across design
- Are a systems-thinker and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
We look forward to hearing from you.