Commercial Lawyer Dublin London
Helps us grow our legal team!
Stripe is looking for a lawyer to join our commercial legal team in Dublin or London. As a part of our team, you’ll be responsible for a wide variety of commercial legal matters supporting Stripe’s growing business. Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and we are looking for a person that is comfortable straddling both worlds. We operate within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and partnership environment. Join us and you will work with a great team and have the opportunity to solve complicated problems in a fast-moving environment.
- Draft, negotiate and review various types of commercial agreements.
- Help manage Stripe’s privacy and data protection compliance program, including our continuous compliance efforts for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and similar data compliance operational work.
- Work closely with the Stripe Data Protection Officer, managing data protection impact assessments, incoming inquiries of data subjects, and other GDPR-related tasks.
- Support the development and management of scalable contract management systems.
- Manage and evolve templates, playbooks and processes to increase efficiency and scalability of commercial legal support.
- Deliver trainings and help to educate internal business partners.
- Operate cross functionally with outside counsel, other members of the Stripe legal team, and business partners including Stripe’s sales, finance, user ops, and marketing.
- Work across a spectrum of complex legal, business, and strategic issues.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent academic credentials and professional experience.
- Have 4+ years of experience as a practicing solicitor, including at least two years at a top-tier law firm or in-house department.
- Have a strong passion for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Have exceptional General Data Protection Regulation expertise.
- Have acute attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment.
- Exercise excellent judgment, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and resourceful, maintaining a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability and organization.
- Be curious about an evolving industry and have a great personality.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the payment or financial services industries and knowledge of associated regulatory issues.
- Proven track record of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including sales, partnership, marketing and vendor agreements.
- A terrific communicator, adept at working with engineers, business teams, and colleagues to make complex concepts clear.
To apply, please include:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here.#LI-RL2
We look forward to hearing from you.