Commercial Counsel (junior/mid-level) San Francisco
Help us grow our legal team!
Stripe is looking for a lawyer to join our commercial legal team based in San Francisco, CA. As a part of our team, you’ll be responsible for a wide variety of commercial legal matters supporting Stripe’s growing business. Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and we are looking for a person that is comfortable straddling both worlds. We operate within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and partnership environment. Join us and you will work with a great team and have the opportunity to solve complicated problems in a fast-moving environment.
- Draft, negotiate and review various types of commercial agreements.
- Support the development and management of scalable contract management systems.
- Manage and evolve templates, playbooks and processes to increase efficiency and scalability of commercial legal support.
- Deliver trainings to and educate internal business partners.
- Operate cross functionally with outside counsel, other members of the Stripe legal team, and business partners including Stripe’s sales, finance, user ops, and marketing teams.
- Work across a spectrum of complex legal, business, and strategic issues.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent academic credentials and professional experience.
- Have 4+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, including at least two years at a top-tier law firm or in-house department.
- Have a membership in at least one state bar (preferably CA).
- Have acute attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment.
- Exercise excellent judgment, problem-solving and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and resourceful, maintaining a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability and organization.
- Be curious about an evolving industry and have a terrific sense of humor.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the payment or financial services industries and knowledge of associated regulatory issues.
- Proven track record of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including sales, partnership, marketing and vendor agreements.
- Solid project management skills.
- A cover letter, resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.