Commercial Counsel San Francisco
Helps us grow our legal team!
Stripe is looking for a lawyer to join our commercial legal team based in San Francisco, CA. As a part of our team, youll be responsible for a wide variety of commercial legal matters supporting Stripes growing business. Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company. You should be comfortable straddling both worlds. We operate within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and partnership climate. Join us and you will work with a great team and have the opportunity to solve complicated problems in a fast-moving environment.
- Draft, negotiate and review various types of commercial agreements.
- Help ensure Stripe’s commercial relationships comply with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Draft, manage, and maintain Stripe’s global online agreements.
- Work across a spectrum of complex legal, business, and strategic issues.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent academic credentials and professional experience.
- Have 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, including at least two years at a top-tier law firm or in-house department.
- Have experience maintaining and keeping up-to-date a variety of multi-jurisdictional online agreements and paper templates.
- Have a strong passion for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Have a membership in at least one state bar (preferably CA).
- Be curious about an evolving industry and have a terrific sense of humor.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the payment or financial services industries and knowledge of associated regulatory issues.
- History of advising technology and/or high growth companies, particularly those involved in highly regulated industries, such as financial services, telecommunications, health care, etc.
- Solid project management skills.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.