Client Platform Engineer San Francisco
Enable the best in Stripes through best in class services and technology
The IT Team at Stripe ensures that Stripe systems and endpoints run smoothly and securely. The work IT does helps connect Stripes around the world and contributes directly to our mission of making online payments easier and better. As an IT Administrator, you play a critical role in managing our Stripe endpoints and scaling our internal systems while ensuring the ongoing productivity of your fellow Stripes.
- Manage, administrate and scale our endpoint fleet and related infrastructure
- Administrate and troubleshoot Apple operating systems and software
- Package applications and run full cycle patch management and software distribution
- Write scripts/cookbooks that automate application and settings distribution
- Manage and maintain client configuration and security compliance standards
- Implement and iterate on imaging solutions across Operating System platforms
- Drive endpoint security models and best practices across the environment
- Diagnose investigate and remediate malware and security vulnerabilities
- Identify and deploy internal process and automation improvements
- Work as the escalation point for the global IT Operations team
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation
- Help grow and mentor the global IT organization
Our ideal candidate will:
- 4+ years experience working with endpoint management software (Chef, Munki, Puppet)
- Expert experience with administering, deploying, and troubleshooting Apple OS and software
- Proven expertise packaging applications, managing patch compliance, and software distribution
- Solid experience with DEP, Munki, Chef, GIT, Puppet, Autopkg and software packaging for Mac
- Comfortable with at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, or Ruby)
- Ability to drive concurrent projects and initiatives while managing operational escalations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Empathetic and humble with a customer-focused demeanor
- Comfortable working in hyper-growth environments
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A short description about why you want to work at Stripe.
We look forward to hearing from you.