Business Finance & Strategy San Francisco
Be instrumental in building an elite team driving strategy, planning, and analysis at Stripe!
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
To further this important mission, we are looking for rigorous and analytical leaders to be financial and strategic partners to the business teams that power Stripe. We are looking for several foundational members to join the Business Finance & Strategy team and lead partnerships with our Engineering & Infrastructure, Workplace & People, Risk & Financial Platform Operations, and User Operations business teams. Your work will be instrumental to Stripe achieving its mission, be highly visible to Stripe leadership, and will drive key insights for Board discussions.
- Forge deep partnerships with your respective business teams.
- Provide analytical rigor and strategic context to operational initiatives.
- Evaluate organizational tradeoffs in team planning, and be a key decision-maker in investment and operational strategies.
- Be your business teams’ go-to financial partner for ah hoc analysis and relevant external relations (for example, evaluating prospective partnerships or negotiating new contract terms).
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for your teams (e.g., Monthly Reviews, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan).
- Develop and monitor critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Build and own scenario models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate planning, business finance, analytics, or comparable.
- Demonstrated abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Proven proclivity for quickly identifying and methodically resolving potential road-blocks.
- A keen analytical eye, and extensive experience building integrated models from scratch (in Excel or other planning applications).
- The ability to maintain high-performance under tight timelines, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to proactively work with functions across the company.
Nice to haves:
- Experience at a high-growth, scaling company.
- Oracle, Anaplan, or other equivalent application experience.
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn.
- CS degree or coding skills.
Your application should include:
Resume and LinkedIn profile.#LI-PK1
We look forward to hearing from you.