Business Development, Platform and Strategic Partnerships San Francisco
Grow the Stripe business.
By engaging with companies and industries, the Partnerships organization aims to increase Stripe’s long term value by accelerating our strategy and developing knowledge and new opportunities through partnerships that further our mission.
Stripe is seeking an exceptional, product-minded business development leader to grow and manage Stripe’s strategic partnerships with the world’s leading technology companies. This role will be responsible for defining and executing a strategic partner strategy across a number of Tier 1 internet and technology companies to achieve user and revenue growth.
- Identify partnership opportunities within large technology companies and lead all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation and implementation
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external constituencies
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with senior executives across different business units within our partners’ organizations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams internally to define priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve critical issues across the organization
- Proactively push product thinking and work closely with product and engineering teams, both internally and externally to build the best experiences for users
- Represent partners as their advocate in internal discussions
- Work on a variety of initiatives with partners including, but not limited to, product partnerships, distribution and commercial partnerships
We’re looking for someone with
- 6+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a top technology company
- Experience working closely with the Tier 1 internet and technology companies on strategic partnership efforts
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for partners to utilize existing and in-development products, as well as ability to partner with Stripe product organization to build world-class features for existing and new partnerships
- Strong commercial orientation, with the ability to initiate, execute, and grow complex commercial partnerships while maximizing economic value for both Stripe and our partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Programming or product management experience a plus
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We look forward to hearing from you.