Business Development, Strategic Financial Partnerships San Francisco
Lead innovation on financial capabilities.
The Financial Partnerships team develops and executes partnership strategies and products with companies across the financial industry—banks, networks and other financial technology providers—to scale and differentiate the financial capabilities of Stripe’s products and business.
Stripe is seeking an exceptional, product-minded business development leader with experience in the financial industry to grow and deepen Stripe’s key financial partnerships. This role will be responsible for defining and executing a partner strategy with these partners.
- Identify collaboration opportunities within our key financial partners and lead all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation and implementation
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external constituencies
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with senior executives across different business units within our financial partners’ organizations
- Advance the knowledge of the payments and financial services industry relevant to the products you work on and help shape Stripe’s overall strategic vision
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams internally to define priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve critical issues across the organization
- Proactively push product thinking and work closely with product and engineering teams, both internally and externally to build the best financial capabilities for users
- Represent partners as their advocate in internal discussions
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a top technology company or at a payments or financial services company with a technology focus
- Experience working closely with or at financial services companies on strategic partnership efforts
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s product organization to build world-class features for our users
- Strong commercial orientation, with the ability to initiate, execute, and grow complex commercial partnerships while maximizing economic value for both Stripe and our partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-FB1
We look forward to hearing from you.