Business Development, EMEA Payment Partnerships London
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system. The Business Development team in EMEA is responsible for the strategic, technology and payment partnerships required to offer these capabilities globally. In particular, we manage a large and growing number of partners that enable us to successfully launch new markets and empower our users to expand their business internationally.
Stripe is live in 25 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding across the globe. We’re looking for someone to join our team to manage existing strategic partners, identify new opportunities to expand and grow these relationships; define our payments partnerships strategy in the region, as well as scope and secure new partnership opportunities. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can build and lead our relationships with senior stakeholders, drive technical conversations with product teams, work closely with our operational teams , and lead commercial partnership negotiations. This role is based in London, and will require frequent travel to meet with partners in the EMEA region, with regular travel to our headquarters in San Francisco.
- Collaborate with our Product & Engineering organization to develop partnership strategies enabling product and strategic initiatives in EMEA.
- Develop strategies, execute, and manage partnerships with payment methods, digital wallet providers, and verification providers across EMEA, in coordination with our global team.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Legal, Marketing, Financial Crimes, Legal, Policy and Finance to launch and manage new and existing partners and partnership programs in efforts to drive the development of Stripe’s ecosystem.
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of product and growth partnership opportunities.
- Scale well-defined partnership strategies and commercial structures to enable new and improved product capabilities and drive user growth globally.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key product partners.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a top technology company.
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users.
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a “users first” mentality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
Nice to have:
- Domain expertise in identify, verifications, risk, merchant intelligence and/or payment methods.
- Fluency in two or more regionally relevant languages.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here#LI-RL2
We look forward to hearing from you.