Billing Operations Lead San Francisco
Help scale our finance infrastructure globally.
Stripe is building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with finance engineers and our financial operations team to build great systems and internal tools. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a Billing Operations Lead to join our fast growing team and help us build our integrated financial systems, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Build scalable billing and collection processes for complex agreements with users and new business operations.
- Build scalable and auditable onboarding processes for new and existing users.
- Partner with internal systems, deal desk, sales, and accounting teams to build scalable processes for contract reviews and to anticipate and support changing business requirements and new markets.
- Lead billing ops contractors and operations schedule.
- Assist with users billings /collections inquiries.
- Assist with tax billings for EMEA users.
- Assist with month end close process and reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly flux analysis of key metrics.
- Assist with external audit support.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4-5 years of relevant billings and collections experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Comfort working with engineers and non-finance technical partners across Stripe.
- Excellent Excel skills, and facility working with extremely large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Netsuite).
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP, in particular revenue recognition (IFRS a plus).
- The ability to be detail oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- The ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- A builder’s mindset and a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom. You love creating new systems and solving problems via infrastructure and automation.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Experience with SQL, R, or equivalent.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.