Benefits Specialist San Francisco
Come and build with us the foundation on which every Stripe can build their best self.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars in payments each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
To further this important mission, we are looking for a Benefits Specialist to join our Total Rewards team to focus on our global benefits portfolio to attract and retain the people that power Stripe. This specialist will partner closely with Stripe employees and managers to deliver on our benefits philosophy and to ensure that employees understand the value of their benefits. Your work will be instrumental to Stripe achieving its mission by supporting every Stripe to take care of themselves and their loved ones, to build their best self, and to do their best work.
- Be a specialist on Stripe’s global benefits portfolio including but not limited to medical and health offerings, time away and leave programs, retirement plans, and employee experience programs such as community, workplace, and transportation.
- Use your specialist knowledge to support Stripes across the globe with their enrollment and benefits related questions
- Engage with Stripe employees, managers and other teams within the People function to deliver on our benefits philosophy and to ensure that employees understand the value of their benefits
- Work closely with vendors to administer Stripe benefits for medical & dental insurance, life insurance, retirement plans and leave programs
- Create and transmit electronic files through web-based carrier platforms
- Coordinate Health & Welfare program and events, including open enrollment and other US and international initiatives
- Contribute to the design and selection of our global benefits portfolio and develop related communication materials and documentation
- Work to improve and standardize employee-facing communications
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3-4+ years experience in benefits programs and administration
- A strong understanding of benefits best practices, current trends, and market.benchmarks across US; international benefits knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the open enrollment process.
- Demonstrated experience working with benefits vendors and external service providers
- Sound judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and customer service attitude.
- Proven analytical skills and a keen eye for detail (you can tell when something’s off, and you won’t rest until it’s fixed).
- Proven ability to execute and enhance processes and possess a creative approach to problem solving.
- A deep commitment to excellent customer service, empathy, and discretion.
- The ability to communicate across diverse groups with clear, approachable, and friendly style.
- Experience using Workday (or equivalent systems) to administer benefits.
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your relevant background and interests.
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) and your resume.
We look forward to hearing from you.