Atlas Operations San Francisco
Enable more people to start internet businesses
In 2016, we launched Stripe Atlas, a new way for entrepreneurs anywhere in the world to start an Internet business. Since then, we’ve been heartened by the opportunity to help entrepreneurs from more than 125 countries build global companies. We’ve been hard at work adding features to make it easier to start and run a company. Beyond incorporation and a bank account, our tools handle stock issuance, taxes, registered agent renewal, and more. Stripe’s mission is to expand the GDP of the internet, and our mission with Atlas is to enable more people—wherever they might be—to start internet businesses.
As a member of the Stripe Atlas Operations team, you will design, scale and drive programs in partnership with customer support, risk, compliance, and engineering teams to help founders build better businesses. You will own relationships with some of our partners (e.g. banks or accounting firms) and will make sure they offer great products, services and experiences to our users.
Stripe Atlas operates as a small startup within Stripe, and you’ll be a key contributor to driving our mission and expanding our impact.
- Develop, maintain, and own partnerships that power Atlas features. Partners can be banks, legal or accounting firms and potentially companies in other spaces in the future.
- Work with partners to manage day-to-day operations, debug breakages, and improve processes.
- Work with engineering and operational teams to build tools that improve our operational processes.
- Develop and drive programs involving various internal Stripe teams and often external partners to make sure that our product and operations are ready for larger scale.
- Develop, monitor and analyze metrics measuring efficiency and effectiveness of Atlas Operations. Drive key business decisions using the insights derived from quantitative analysis.
- Do whatever it takes to help our users. You will hold the rest of the team and our partners accountable for high standards of customer experience.
- Users first: you care deeply about the customer experience and go the extra mile to help users solve problems. You are passionate about helping entrepreneurs build businesses.
- Analytical: You are incisive about breaking down problems, and excel at using data to drive decisions (even when the data is not perfect).
- Exceptionally effective: You are an outstanding project manager, who can take an idea to impact without direction. You routinely deliver results people didn’t think were possible.
- Polished communicator: You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You are comfortable working with executive and operational teams of external partners and are capable of driving negotiations on your own.
- Rigorous: You always question the first answer and enjoy going levels deeper to find all the edge cases. You are rigorous when designing new processes and put a high bar on the quality of your deliverables.
- Urgent: You move fast and you’re comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You are also comfortable working on multifaceted problems you’ve never faced before.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-FB1
We look forward to hearing from you.