Associate Editor New York
Edit Stripe’s software magazine
Increment is a design-forward quarterly print and digital publication about how teams build and operate software systems at scale, published by Stripe. Increment provides useful and practical insight into what effective teams are doing, and aims to democratize knowledge while providing a platform for voices across the tech industry.
The associate editor is a key contributor to Increment. You’ll work with writers, editors/reviewers, and alongside our designers to ensure the magazine meets our high editorial and creative standards. This is a multi-faceted, NYC-based role, in which you’ll contribute to both editorial and operational functions of the magazine.
You’re highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient. Your interest in tech is matched by your profound interest in the world around you: you’re curious about the intersections of code and culture and you want to make a meaningful impact on the tech industry. And while you’re comfortable working autonomously, you enjoy working with people: you’re committed to creating positive experiences through your day-to-day interactions.
- Edit and fact-check content to ensure it meets our high editorial standards.
- Source, assign, and commission select stories, with support of the Editor in Chief.
- Screen inbound submissions and act as a first point of contact for potential contributors.
- Contribute to social media and email programs and report on metrics and growth.
- Participate in the development of creative and editorial strategies.
- Perform operational and administrative duties as needed.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum two years experience in editorial, journalism, or a related media role. (Alternately, a combination of writing/editing experience and technical experience.)
- Meticulous editing skills.
- Strong fact-checking and research skills.
- Impeccable judgement.
- General knowledge of the tech industry.
- No fear of deadlines—in fact, they motivate you.
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Nice to have(s):
- Knowledge of computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Formal training in journalism
- Thorough knowledge of the AP stylebook (“Nice to haves” really are just that — nice to have, but not deal breakers!)
Please include the following with your application:
- Your resume (and your LinkedIn profile if you have one)
- A cover letter
- Your portfolio, writing samples/clips, or something else that shows us who you are and how you work
This role is based in New York City.#LI-JM2
We look forward to hearing from you.