Asia Public Policy Manager Singapore
Help Stripe build our policy and government relations program in Asia!
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around, and we’re looking for a public policy manager in Asia to support our efforts to build and develop a first-class policy and government relations program. In this role you will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services and technology. If you are up for the challenge - we would love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Gather intelligence and report on policy and regulatory developments in Asia.
- Develop relationships with a diverse set of public and private sector stakeholders in the region to educate them about Stripe’s business model and vision.
- Help colleagues across Stripe understand the impact that potential changes to policies in Asia may have on current or future Stripe products.
- Help build relationships in jurisdictions where Stripe operates or seeks to provide new products and services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology community, and serve as a representative of Stripe on certain trade groups or other industry bodies.
- Work with our Global Public Policy Lead, General Counsel and others to strategically pursue policy objectives in Asia as part of Stripe’s global policy priorities.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 7+ years of experience working in a legislative affairs or similar government position, or similar experience at a public policy firm or world class in-house government relations organization with a focus on Asia.
- Strong industry knowledge - an understanding of internet and mobile technologies and the financial services industry in Asia is a plus.
- An ability to cover a broad range of issues and get deep when and where needed.
The person we’d like to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to get things done.
- Decisive, with excellent judgment, capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A terrific communicator and writer, adept at working with lawyers, regulators, engineers, business teams, and colleagues to make complex concepts clear and understandable to different audiences.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
We look forward to hearing from you.