Art Director San Francisco
Design at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and we think that building an internet business is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. We also believe that there are far too many barriers to doing business on the internet and that the opportunities to do it are not equally distributed throughout the world. To break down those barriers and make the opportunities available to anyone, we’re designing the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling an online business—from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) team in San Francisco.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Work with design, marketing, comms, and executive teams to define Stripe’s brand, voice and attributes
- Define, design, and deliver work that helps push our brand in the right direction
- Work in and on any and all media and platform required to deliver the message
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Are able to devise a high-level strategy and deliver the work to support it
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Are highly skilled in one or more relevant discipline, but competent in more
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Have a well-developed network of freelancers you can call on to help with specific types of work
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Stripe
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
We look forward to hearing from you.