APAC Commercial Counsel Singapore
Helps us grow our legal team!
Stripe is looking for a lawyer to join our legal team to lead our commercial legal work across Asia and the Pacific. As a part of our team, you’ll be responsible for a wide variety of complex commercial and general legal matters supporting Stripe’s growing business. Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around, and we’re looking for an experienced lawyer to join us. In this role you will work with talented people to help Stripe enable businesses and e-commerce platforms to connect with their customers everywhere.
- Support business stakeholders to help grow Stripe’s user base;
- Serve as the primary lawyer for some of Stripe’s largest partnerships with multi-national organizations and governments;
- Be the primary point of contact for general legal matters arising out of Stripe’s Asian legal operations; and
- Help communicate the regulatory, security, and privacy benefits of Stripe externally.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent academic credentials and professional experience.
- Have 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, including at least two years at a top-tier law firm or in-house department.
- Have experience maintaining and keeping up-to-date a variety of multi-jurisdictional online agreements and paper templates.
- Have a strong passion for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Have a membership in at least one bar.
- Be curious about an evolving industry and have a terrific sense of humor.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the payment or financial services industries and knowledge of associated regulatory issues.
- History of advising technology and/or high growth companies, particularly those involved in highly regulated industries, such as financial services, telecommunications, health care, etc.
- Solid project management skills.
We look forward to hearing from you.