Android SDK Engineer Dublin San Francisco Seattle
Helping businesses build seamless mobile payment flows
Many of the most exciting ideas we’ve seen depend on mobile, and our work makes the difficult problems they come across invisible. Companies like Lyft, Wish and Instacart use Stripe to power an incredible diversity of experiences on Android. We help Android Apps move from lengthy forms to one touch payments and securely take payments from around the world. We’re looking for engineers with a deep understanding of the Android platform to help define Stripe’s future role in mobile apps.
- Design, build and maintain Android SDKs in Java at a level of abstraction that lets us quickly add new features to make mobile payments even more powerful and convenient for the global market
- Work with engineers across the company to bring new features and products into existence
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including subject matter experts, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Improve engineering standards, tools, and processes
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You’re passionate about building tools for developers and businesses
- In addition to building apps, you’ve built or contributed to open-source libraries, and enjoy the art of API design.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Cares deeply about developing, releasing, and maintaining high quality Android SDKs
- Has a deep understanding of the Android SDK landscape
- Can empathize with the many different types of users who depend on Stripe’s mobile developer tools
- Communicates effectively on both technical and non-technical subjects
Nice to haves:
- 3+ years of experience working with Android
- Prior experience working in a full stack capacity
You should include these in your application:
- Links to apps you’ve released in the Play Store and description of the parts you’ve specifically built
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
We look forward to hearing from you.