Accounts Payable Lead San Francisco
Help scale our finance infrastructure globally!
Stripe is building a world class finance team. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Lead to join our fast growing team and help us scale our accounts payable and employee expense processes, as well as work with business partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing process flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Own and iterate on Stripe’s accounts payable, corporate card, and employee expense processes.
- Manage and develop internal and external team members for continuous growth and productivity.
- Lead, prioritize and direct team members to meet key metrics such as on-time and accurate invoice processing and to plan and execute improvement projects.
- Own systems and leverage tools to automate workflows such as invoice and employee expense report processing, spend approvals and policies, payments, and reporting.
- Recommend and implement controls to be put in place to mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain strong and positive working relationships with key business partners for understanding challenges and opportunities.
- Implement processes that will enable Stripe to accept early pay discounts.
- Work with treasury to plan and execute Stripe’s short term cash management needs.
- Assist in other accounting processes, procedures and reporting as well as administrative tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Oversee yearly 1099MISC process.
- Participate in the implementation of a Procure to Pay solution and develop new processes and procedures to address changes.
- Set AP processing guidelines for International Business Units.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience (2+ managing/supervising), with a degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Proven experience in building and/or scaling AP (e.g. Oracle).
- Exposure and/or knowledge of procurement processes and systems.
- Ability to work independently in a scaling and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent ability to organize and communicate, both written and verbal.
- A strong work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across Stripe, specifically with international teams.
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.