Account Associate, Startups Melbourne
Grow Stripe’s existing business in Australia and New Zealand.
The Account Management team owns the relationships with Stripe’s largest and fastest growing users. As an Account Associate, you’ll manage Stripe’s future growth engine by building business and technical relationships with our most innovative and fastest growing clients, and keep them happy Stripe users. You’ll be your users’ internal advocate – it’ll be your responsibility to understand our customers’ unique needs and drive adoption of Stripe’s offerings. You’ll develop scalable strategies and repeatable processes that enable us to amplify our engagement with high potential businesses. You have experience working with startups, and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge.
Additionally, you’ll also contribute to a variety of initiatives to grow, shape and drive our success with startups in the Australian and New Zealand ecosystem (e.g., community engagement, events, marketing and sales). You know your way around the ecosystem, are energetic and an organized self-starter; and can succinctly share what we’re working on and help entrepreneurs succeed.
- Develop a strong understanding of our products and industry to help our customers succeed.
- Build long-term relationships with high growth users to discover opportunities and directly drive Stripe’s revenue growth.
- Solve complex user needs and work across product, sales, risk and operations teams to improve our products.
- Continually increase our users satisfaction and willingness to recommend Stripe by proactively offering advice on industry best practices and creative product solutions.
- Partner with entrepreneurs and founders to understand Stripe products and services, and field detailed questions about Stripe’s capabilities.
- Collaborate with internal teams at Stripe (such as sales, marketing, developer relations, product management, and user ops) to effectively support and scale our startup program.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organisation.
- Ability to understand the Stripe API and build great relationships with technical customers.
- Experience in the start-up community, a passion for technology and supporting other businesses as they grow.
- A knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand startup requirements and craft custom solutions.
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities including comfort with basic modeling
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a startup and/or with the startup/venture community.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role working with high-growth technology companies.
- Experience with spreadsheets and SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations.
We look forward to hearing from you.