Account Executive (DACH) - Dublin Dublin
Stripe is expanding in the German-speaking market. We work with large companies such as Adidas and Mercedes as well as rapidly growing tech-first businesses such as Jimdo, Book-A-Tiger and Freeletics. To extend our reach to new companies in the German-speaking market and help these companies expand around the globe and set them up for future success, we are looking for an experienced sales specialist who can engage with users as a trusted advisor and will help to grow Stripe in the market.
As the founding member of our German-speaking sales team in Dublin, you will be a driving force in growing Germany, Austria and Switzerland for Stripe and over time help build the teams that will drive our future growth in Europe. You will be based within our European headquarters in Dublin, spending your time engaging with prospective users, understanding their problems, challenges and needs.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual with the right mix of entrepreneurial instincts, technical curiousity, strategic thinking and sales skills to drive their career and develop their skills. The successful candidate shall have an opportunity to learn how Stripe operates from the ground up and make a real impact on the future of the organization.
- Identify high-potential prospective users and potential market niches.
- Interacting with prospective users of all sizes to understand new/better ways to work with them.
- Build and maintain relationships with executives and product teams of existing and potential users.
- Function as a market and/or segment expert through research and interactions with local partners, knowledge leaders, VCs, and users - as the first hire for the DACH market, you will be the go-to-resource for other European and international teams on any market specifics.
- Help build a clear go-to-market strategy including assessment of new verticals or product categories across the region.
- Track growth and sales-metrics to enable better decision making on future investments.
- Closely work with the in-market team on product releases, events and meet-ups.
- Achieve and overachieve on sales and revenue targets.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years in sales or growth role, with a track record of top performance.
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Ability to understand the Stripe API and build great relationships with highly technical customers.
- Ability to understand complex enterprise requirements and craft custom solutions.
- Demonstrated passion for the start-up community and new technology businesses.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in both German and English.
- Strong interest in technology.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in enterprise sales.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
- Experience as a founder or co-founder of a technology start-up.
We look forward to hearing from you.