1099 Tax Specialist (Fixed Term Contract) San Francisco
We are looking for someone to help manage day-to-day, transactional and operational tasks within the 1099 tax season. This includes working closely with the Tax team, helping User Ops internal employees to better support our users during the 1099 tax season, actioning on the 1099 Taxes team requests, reviewing and correcting 1099 forms, working directly with 1099 recipients, and improving the 1099 process, including macros and other content.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Fixed Term Employee role for 6 months, and will receive benefits.
- Building, updating and maintaining 1099 and verification responses, vendor agent guides, knowledge base, help articles, and training materials.
- Meeting with the 2018-2019 1099 Tax team for weekly meetings and sharing user feedback and project requirements.
- Tracking user issues associated to 1099 generation and filing.
- Filing bug reports with the 1099 Engineering team.
- Facilitating proactive outreach of user communication to individuals and businesses regarding the upcoming 1099 season and periodic updates throughout the season; responsible for sending accurate, timely, and professional communications.
- Supporting the Services team and vendors throughout tax season.
- Management and recording of feedback from various sources including (1) Answering user escalations about 1099s, and (2) Actioning feedback from vendor partners regarding tools and resources.
- Tracking feedback from users regarding 1099s.
- Building 2018 1099 User Ops Post Mortem.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong written and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently but can reach out for help as needed!
- Experience in 1099 tax forms and process a plus.
- Flexibility: 1099 process and tools are constantly changing, so would need to pivot activities as new processes/approaches are implemented.
- Comfort using basic HTML a plus.
- Comfort using basic SQL.
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.