Writer, Financial Services
Create content across multiple form factors to educate business decision makers, from early-stage startups to enterprises, about the opportunity of embedded financial services.
Embedded financial services is a new and emerging space that presents an opportunity for businesses to provide a richer user experience and add new revenue streams in the process. Solutions such as card issuing, lending, and banking-as-a-service have applications across all business models and stages, but there is a dearth of educational material for users about how these products and features can be monetized, and how Stripe can help overcome the many technical, legal, and regulatory hurdles associated with integrating these products.
The primary audiences for this content will be earlier-stage companies that are making critical decisions about building their business models and customer offerings, as well as established platforms and marketplaces that are seeing increasing competition to create stickier, more satisfying user experiences.
The Financial Services writer will work closely with the Product Marketing team and other product partners to create a content strategy and roadmap for engaging these audiences, and will execute against that strategy to build a library of educational content that will be deployed across multiple channels. Form factors will include long-form product guides, case studies, and blog posts. This role will be responsible for sourcing ideas from stakeholders, prioritizing production, developing subject-matter expertise, and maintaining the library, with user journeys and SEO best practices in mind.
You are a learner who understands complex fintech topics and concepts, but also a masterful writer who can abstract those topics and concepts just enough to weave a compelling narrative. You can embed with a world-class Product Marketing team and identify the best ways to engage audiences while also laddering up to broader company strategy. You are a strong collaborator who knows how to drive and evolve strategy, not just take inbound assignments from stakeholders. You think like a business owner, understand trade offs and opportunity costs, and can change course when the data suggests the strategy needs revision.
- Serve as the primary writer and strategist for all financial services content. That means taking input from the Product and Product Marketing teams to understand priorities, working directly with those stakeholders to develop content, managing your editorial roadmap, and coordinating with the broader Content Marketing team to ensure materials fit into the broader Stripe narrative
- Collaborate with the Comms team to ensure maximum impact and reach for each piece, developing a playbook for social media amplification and reactive comms for sensitive or controversial topics
- Be an outward-facing representative for Stripe’s Financial Services products. This will include becoming a subject-matter expert, influencing the online dialog around the topics you focus on and write about, and potentially participating in events and panels
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5-10 years working as a writer in tech-forward organizations, preferably with some experience in the fintech and B2B space
- The ability to learn the inner workings of complex financial products and explain those products to an audience at the appropriate altitude
Nice to haves:
- Experience editing or mentoring writers and non-writers
Please include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to some of your past work product
- Optional: A cover letter explaining why you are uniquely qualified for this role
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.