Writer/Editor, Stripe Engineering Blog
Create and facilitate blog posts that highlight Stripe’s emphasis on innovating and recruiting the top engineers in the world.
The Engineering Blog is Stripe’s showcase for our most interesting innovations, our philosophy on building organizations, and our most compelling recruiting narratives. The content is technical, but still accessible to a non-developer, tech savvy audience.
The Writer/Editor for the Stripe Engineering Blog will source ideas from the engineering organization ranging from how we built something to how we work to our vision for the future of the online economy and APIs. Sometimes, this role will be the primary writer of blog posts, interviewing internal subject matter experts to tell their stories in a clear, compelling way. More often, this role will act as a mentor and editor who can work side-by-side with an engineer to help them tell their own story, getting the piece to our quality bar without drowning out the voice of the writer.
You are a developer who understands complex engineering topics and concepts, but also a masterful writer who can abstract those topics and concepts just enough to weave a compelling narrative. You can embed with one of the top engineering organizations in the world and identify the best stories to tell—stories that stand up on their own, but also ladder up to broader company strategy. You are comfortable in a high-profile role doing work that is near and dear to the company’s founders and senior leadership. And you are a strong collaborator who knows when to lean in and get a piece across the finish line, or get out of the way and let some of the brightest minds at Stripe shine.
- Serve as the primary writer, editor, and strategist for all engineering blog content. That means taking input from engineering leadership to understand priorities, working directly with engineers to develop posts, managing an editorial calendar and pipeline, and coordinating with the content marketing team to ensure posts fit into the broader Stripe narrative
- Collaborate with the Comms team to ensure maximum impact and reach for each piece, developing a playbook for social media amplification and reactive comms for sensitive or controversial topics
- Be an outward-facing representative for Stripe’s engineering recruiting brand. This will include participating in events and panels, influencing the online dialog around the topics you focus on and write about, and opportunistically recruiting from your network of developers and writers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 8 years working as an engineer in organizations known for innovation and ideas for progress
- A demonstrated passion for writing, with an ability to abstract complex concepts and ideas into approachable pieces that are still engaging to a highly technical audience
- A comprehensive view of the developer community, what it cares about, and how best to engage it
Nice to haves:
- Experience editing or mentoring writers and non-writers
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to some of your past work product
- Optional: A cover letter explaining why you are uniquely qualified for this role
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.