Workplace Systems & Planning Manager
At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We fulfill our mission of growing the online economy by empowering our users to move money to and from their own user constituents, and to understand and optimize these flows. In this way, treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product. In order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own treasury capabilities must be equally state of the art.
You’ll be a member of the newly formed Workplace Systems & Planning team. This team’s mission is to enable operational excellence by the other three functional Workplace pillars (Operations, Strategy & Transactions, and Projects & Design) and drive continuous improvements in processes to support the high growth of the company and the Workplace organization and more broadly within the People and Places organization.
- Have a users-first mindset
- Build, maintain and direct a robust PMO process to ensure Workplace suppliers are successfully on-boarded and adhere to the company’s procurement requirements
- Create reports using the Stripe Dashboard to report out on the relevant metrics of the Workplace team
- Develop a risk management strategy that ensures that third party service providers operate under an appropriate internal control framework, particularly around global project buildouts
- Identify and drive implementation of integrated and scalable software solutions, such as lease administration, project management, budget management, and IoT enabled smart buildings, across Workplace pillars (S&T, P&D, Ops)
- Work collaboratively to create and refine team informational systems to collect data, track projects, enhance communication
- In collaboration with the other Workplace pillars, evolve processes and standards around the selection and performance management of real estate vendors including, architects, consultants, contractors and other project specialists, including contract negotiations
- Develop, lead, synthesize and deliver research and analytic efforts to evaluate strategic initiatives pertaining to real estate and workplace programs, such as transportation or additional programs that enhance the user experience
- Develop innovative solutions to provide relevant real estate information for strategic decision making to Workplace leadership team
- Work cross-functionally to streamline the spend process around the global Workplace budgets
- Partner with Workplace pillars and procurement organization on vendor management and policy compliance
- Partner with internal organizations including Finance, Accounting, IT, Security, and Legal to insure alignment on policy management, implementation and management.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years experience on a Workplace or Real Estate team working on lease transactions and lease negotiations, preferably at a high-growth company, or masters degree in business, legal, or related field with a demonstrated interest in real estate and/or workplace
- Strong analytical skills, the demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment
- Strategic thinker who excels at finding creative solutions to short and long term questions
- The ability to maintain high performance while managing multiple projects under tight timelines, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build relationships with a diverse range of people and job functions/levels. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to progress projects asynchronously across timezones through written channels.
- The ability and willingness to travel for work, including to international destinations
Please include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.