Workplace Project Manager
Stripe is growing rapidly, and the Workplace Project Manager will play a critical role in sustainably scaling our global facilities. Stripe has a fun, fast-paced culture, and we care deeply about building outstanding environments for our employees that enable them to do their best work.
Stripe’s Workplace team is responsible for delivering safe, comfortable, functional and beautiful workplaces across the globe, and for ensuring that Stripe’s real estate portfolio is always evolving to support our growing business. As a Workplace Project Manager at Stripe, you will primarily be responsible for delivering a variety of Tenant Improvement (TI) projects globally and will collaborate with the broader Workplace team on Stripe’s design guidelines, operational standards, and real estate strategy.
- Be responsible for delivering multiple projects - of varying sizes and scopes - concurrently. From small cosmetic refreshes to coordinating with a landlord on a new ground up building, you will have full responsibility for ensuring that each project is scoped appropriately, is staffed with the right team, and is delivered on time and within budget
- Work closely with your Workplace colleagues, functional leaders, and the executive team to ensure that our global offices are safe, inclusive and welcoming environments that reflect Stripe’s Workplace philosophies and enhance productivity
- Ensure that all of our offices’ designs have function at their core, and that form never supersedes the operational integrity of our spaces
- Collaborate extensively with internal teams at Stripe to ensure that the right people are looped in for each project: IT/AV, Security, Design/Branding, Workplace Operations, etc
- Engage and actively manage external vendors to ensure that work of the highest quality is being delivered: architects, project managers, general contractors, furniture vendors, etc
- Collaborate with your colleagues across the Workplace Org on our global strategies for real estate and the overall workplace experience; sharing industry knowledge, best practices and lessons learned to ensure that Stripe’s business plans and growth are supported and enabled
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience directly managing a variety of workplace design and construction projects in a fast-growing company, preferably across a variety of international markets
- Significant tech TI construction experience, with deep knowledge of MEP systems, workplace technology integration, lighting, acoustics, FF&E and interior detailing
- The ability to concurrently manage multiple projects and priorities while maintaining a high standard of delivery overall.
- Very strong vendor and contract management skills
- Experience with establishing and managing complex real estate budgets for a wide range of projects ($10k-$150M+)
- Excellent communication skills: you will be responsible for relaying Stripe’s design requirements to vendors, partnering with internal stakeholders and sending out company-wide communications, you should be a skilled communicator
Nice to have(s):
- Experience with delivering quick turnaround offices, preferably at a rapidly growing tech firm to support expansion into new regions - either as a traditional TI or in partnership with a flexible office provider
- Facilities/operations management experience
- Commercial kitchen programming, design and construction experience
- Experience designing and constructing spaces with a focus on IEQ, wellness and sustainability (professional credentials related these disciplines a bonus)
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have either of these and are still a great fit for the team.
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.