Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 3300 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for studying and consulting on Stripe’s org design, culture, employee experience, people programs, and more. You will integrate external research and internal datasets to understand Stripe’s workforce today and help shape its future. You will partner closely with HRBPs, Org Leaders, and People Analytics to identify opportunities for greatest impact - then deliver value through creative problem-solving, actionable insights, and effective people practices. It’s a fascinating time to be doing this type of work! The future of “how we work” is evolving every day, and in this role you’ll be helping to anticipate and steer Stripe through these changes.
- Supporting Stripe’s new org health program – where we set structural (e.g., layers, spans of control) and functional (e.g., manager effectiveness, engagement) goals for healthy growth, track progress, and advise internal stakeholders on opportunities for strategic adjustment
- Leading high-impact internal research about how we attract, select, move, engage, reward, support, and retain Stripes – while partnering closely with HRBPs to scope emerging talent problems, propose hypotheses, collect and analyze relevant data, and deliver strategic recommendations
- Consulting on emergent workforce strategy challenges facing Stripe – for example, quantifying the potential effects of alternative work arrangements on Stripes’ engagement and performance; or assessing and proactively developing current leaders in preparation for increased complexity and scale
- Creating and managing toolkits related to workforce strategy at Stripe – which may include: what to think about when re-designing an org, how to translate org health insights into tactical staffing plans, when and why to assess capability gaps, and more
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a Master’s or Doctoral degree in a field emphasizing the science of human behavior at work (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Dynamics, Business Analytics, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior)
- Has 3+ years of experience conducting research in an organization or consulting environment, including formulating questions with customers, collecting and analyzing data, generating insights, and sharing results with various types of audiences
- Is curious and excited about solving complex problems in creative ways
- Communicates technical concepts clearly, with all audiences
- Is passionate about telling engaging, insightful, actionable stories with data
- Builds relationships and trust with internal stakeholders
- Manages competing priorities and timelines to deliver high-quality solutions, as-promised and on-time
- Is flexible and comfortable with ambiguity (our environment changes rapidly, and your work might too!)
- Stays up to date on best practices, scientific findings, and case studies in the world of workforce strategy
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.