Manager, Vendor Operations
You'll be part coach, part diplomat, part entrepreneur - 100% committed to building and sustaining trust with users and your team.
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies.
As Stripe’s user base and global footprint grows dramatically, we are looking for an experienced leader who brings both strategic and operational abilities to lead the vendor management team responsible for our outsourced operations. Our vendors provide user support across a number of contact channels such as email, chat and phone, they generate sales and qualify leads, they perform risk reviews and execute a variety of back office functions. You and your team are responsible for overseeing the vendor strategy for Stripe across user-facing teams and working closely with cross-functional leaders and operational teams across our User Operations, Sales, Compliance and Risk functions.
- Guide the vendor management team to design and deliver incredible user experiences in collaboration with our cross-functional partners
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on vendor managers’ performance against their individual goals and strategic goals set for the Vendor Management team
- Support negotiations and relationship management for all vendor contracts
- Maintain metrics and analysis of vendor performance, and provide regular reporting on performance
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 10+ years managing scaled organizations and building world-class customer experiences and at least 7+ years of direct people management experience
- Deep experience managing operational third-party vendor and internal teams across different time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills and uses first-principles thinking and data to structure strategic recommendations
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.