The Central Operations team is responsible for all outsourced user support activities at Stripe. Our vendors provide customer support, risk underwriting, and generate sales across a variety of channels such as email, chat and phone. As our user base and global footprint continues to grow, the ideal vendor manager will be a culture carrier of Stripe and a champion of our vendor efforts and execution.
Your primary focus will be to ensure that our vendors are executing on vertical strategies and to work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that we are setting up our vendors for success.
You will work on cross-functional initiatives that help scale and improve vendor operations. Examples of such programs are leading the vendor selection, contract negotiation, outsourcing of additional user-impacting activities, and improvements to onboarding and training.
- Be directly responsible for the results of the vendor operation and in doing so you’ll work closely with a variety of operational teams at Stripe.
- Source new vendor partners or expand scope of service offering with current vendor partners.
- Assist with all vendor headcount related matters including growth, new lines of business and managing attrition targets with partners.
- Partner with existing vendor leadership teams to ensure high level execution to contracts.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, engagement, and high performance.
- Drive ongoing continuous vendor performance improvement initiatives and innovation experiments.
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective action for variances in operational performance.
- Establish site goals, measure performance and ensure that performance management responsibilities are executed, including communication, performance monitoring, documentation and coaching.
- Manage vendor procurement activities, including request for proposal process, due diligence, site selection, pricing and contract negotiation, and program launch and implementation
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
You might be a fit if:
- You have operations and sales experience in a high-growth environment.
- You’re a proven leader with experience managing Global 3rd party vendors.
- You enjoy managing large cross-functional and work well to establish credibility with stakeholders.
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex initiatives, and have a track record for taking projects from conception to launch.
- You have a knack for working well with a wide range of people across internal teams and external vendors.
- You are action-oriented, with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to execute.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.