Put Stripe’s users first.
Research at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet by helping forward-thinking businesses worldwide sell to anyone, anywhere in new ways. We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet—and that the opportunities to do so are not equally distributed. Researchers at Stripe help lower barriers to success so that lack of access to technical, legal, or financial talent doesn’t prevent great ideas from becoming great businesses.
We’re looking for seasoned researchers to help grow the function. As one of our first research hires, you’ll join a small but growing team that blends product research, design thinking, and market insights. Partnering with a diverse group of researchers representing different disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties, you’ll help shape our approach to customer insights and help drive strategy company-wide. This role will report directly to our Head of Research.
Are you passionate about democratizing research and empowering an entire company to connect with businesses worldwide? Because that’s what we’re up to—in addition to providing insights, we’re also enabling people across all of Stripe (engineers, product managers, designers, everyone) to apply research skills to global problems. If you love scaling yourself and your expertise, we can give you the freedom and resources to do incredible things.
- Conduct international research that deepens our understanding of the user experience and drives company strategy
- Scale yourself by building best-in-class qualitative research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower everyone at the company to connect to our users
- Be the company’s leading authority on qualitative research methods
- Establish training, best practices, and scalable consulting processes to ensure everyone at Stripe can do tactical research in a rigorous way—and to free you to do strategic cross-organizational research
You may be a fit if:
- You’ve directed complex international research at scale—from iterative testing to unmoderated card sorts to in-context interviews to diary studies
- You lose track of time thinking through sample characteristics, writing the perfect research protocol, finding themes in qualitative data, and sharing insights that drive the company forward
- You know best practices only matter if your partners across the company are on board—that’s why you work closely with product and marketing partners to scale strategies that work for everyone
- You’ve built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace
Any combination of these qualities would make your application stand out (but aren’t required):
- An MA/MS or PhD in a related field, like psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, information sciences, sociology, or marketing
- Stories about cross-organizational partnership at a fast-growing company
- Understanding of the ins and outs of unmoderated testing tools (e.g., UserTesting) and/or eye-tracking
- Experience helping non-researchers conduct their own research at scale
- Comfort communicating with our user base: startup founders and business professionals
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.