UX Researcher (Quantitative)
Put Stripe’s users first.
Research at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet by helping forward-thinking businesses worldwide sell to anyone, anywhere in new ways. We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet—and that the opportunities to do so are not equally distributed. Researchers at Stripe help lower barriers to success so that lack of access to technical, legal, or financial talent doesn’t prevent great ideas from becoming great businesses.
For our first Quantitative UX Researcher, we’re looking for a seasoned research leader to establish and grow Survey Science as a discipline, joining a small but growing team that blends survey science, design thinking, and market insights. You’ll be responsible for establishing Stripe’s approach to survey research while partnering with Data Science and Marketing to ensure your strategy aligns with company leadership. You will also work with a diverse group of researchers representing different disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties. This role will report directly to our Head of Research and dotted-line to our Head of Data Science.
Are you passionate about democratizing research and empowering an entire company to connect with businesses worldwide? Because that’s what we’re up to—in addition to providing insights, we’re also enabling people across all of Stripe (engineers, product managers, designers, everyone) to apply research skills to global problems. If you love scaling yourself and your expertise, we can give you the freedom and resources to do incredible things.
- Build and scale best-in-class survey programs that help us stay connected to our users
- Be the company’s leading authority on survey tooling, design, methodology, and analysis
- Partner closely with Marketing and Data Science to create the infrastructure for standardizing in-product survey research and ongoing tracking surveys
- Establish training, best practices, and scalable consulting processes to ensure everyone at Stripe can ship world-class surveys and analyze them in a rigorous way
You may be a fit if:
- You’re a creative, bold, visionary builder—where other people see chaos, you see opportunity
- You’ve directed complex survey projects at scale—from global brand tracking to demographic measures to in-product feature surveys
- You know best practices only matter if your partners across the company are on board—that’s why you value working closely with other teams (e.g., Marketing, Data Science) to scale solutions that work for everyone
- You lose track of time when you’re thinking through sample characteristics, drafting immaculate survey questions, running SQL queries, and getting answers from your survey data
- You’ve built or supported internal survey solutions at your workplace
Any combination of these qualities would make your application stand out:
- You have an MA or PhD in a related field, like sociology, epidemiology, communications, psychology, or political science
- You know the ins and outs of various survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey) and analytics languages (e.g., SQL, R, Stata, Python)
- You’ve built out survey UI or survey data infrastructure before
- You’re comfortable communicating with our user base: startup founders and business professionals
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.