User Supportability Policy Strategist
Our Risk Partnerships and Strategy team develops and implements policies for compliant use of Stripe’s platform and products through collaborating with partners across engineering, product and compliance functions. We are looking for someone to join our Global Supportability program, where you will form part of a small but growing team.
As part of this team, you will lead in defining Stripe’s reputational risk management strategies, whilst ensuring that Stripe’s products comply with regulatory and financial partner requirements. You will partner closely with product managers and engineers, as well as experts across Risk, Legal, Financial Partnerships, and Financial Crimes, to ensure that the company is able to compliantly achieve strategic business outcomes.
This person will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand business priorities, product and tooling requirements, risk profiles, partner and regulator requirements, and will build relationships with partner teams to operationalise Stripe’s policies and standards regarding who we do business with.
To be successful this person will need to be highly collaborative, analytical, detail-orientated, strategic, comfortable navigating ambiguity and complexity, and experienced in working cross-functionally with all levels of seniority.
- Analyse the policy and legal challenges facing Stripe, and make recommendations on how to address them.
- Develop comprehensive policies and standards for issues relating to consumer protection, and build exceptional handling frameworks to enable the effective operationalisation of these standards.
- Provide expert consultation to internal teams regarding the supportability of potential customers, and help to resolve high profile escalations from users, governments or internal stakeholders.
- Build relationships and drive extensive stakeholder consultations to gather business regulatory and financial partner requirements, and craft viable, scalable policy solutions.
- Navigate ambiguity to identify policy, product and operationalisation requirements and build internal consensus and alignment around policy proposals.
- Develop exceptional documentation and executive briefings to accompany policy changes.
- Build the next generation of policy implementation standards and practices at Stripe.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, international, environment, preferably in Finance, Payments or Tech industries.
- 5+ years experience in a related role (risk, compliance or policy development).
- Experience in understanding and scoping malicious or low quality merchant profiles, end-user harms, and designing policy solutions to protect end users and corporate reputation.
- Demonstrated project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing business insights and recommendations from multiple input sources.
- Experience in developing policy proposals and working with technical teams to operationalize policy and enforcement strategies.
- Deep cross functional partnership skills and experience working with stakeholders across multiple roles and levels.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across organizations and borders.
- A results and action-orientated mindset and the ability to lead and motivate without authority.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.