User Policy Strategist, Engagements
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. As part of the User Policy team, you will protect and advance Stripe’s business, brand and mission, by deploying industry-leading policies and enforcement solutions that instil user and partner trust in Stripe, whilst enabling progressive and sustainable business growth.
This individual will build and manage processes to ensure that User Policy provides the best possible experience to all audiences who interact with policy issues, including Sales, Communications, Executives, Users and Financial Partners.
This individual will be a subject matter expert in Stripe’s policy and standards and will provide expert guidance to the business in navigating complex policy areas, the supportability of prospective clients, escalation and incident management, emerging trends, and risk-based decision-making for strategic customers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about navigating ambiguity, enabling business, and providing a delightful experience for both internal customers and end-users.
- Develop the vision, strategy, goals, tooling and processes required to effectively manage and scale the User Policy Engagements workstream
- Define goals related to user experience, constantly evaluating business practices and making recommendations for improvement
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to consult on time-sensitive, day-to-day policy questions from around the business
- Deliver excellent standards of issue diagnosis, issue resolution, decision-making, education, communication and reporting
- Represent Stripe’s User Policy with various external financial partners
We’re looking for someone with:
- 6+ years of professional experience, with at least 2 years working in a scaled policy or legal analysis workflows
- A subject matter expert who is detail-orientated but can distil complex policy and legal concepts down into concise, unambiguous, and reliable guidance for internal stakeholders and Stripe customers
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, who can be calm, focused, measured, thorough and responsive under pressure
- Creative thought, who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
- Demonstrated track record for execution and impact
Nice To Have:
- Two years+ experience working in or managing operational or crisis response teams
- Proficient in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Experience in executive and/or social media or regulatory escalations
- Previous experience working in the financial or tech sectors
- Experience with the theory and frameworks underpinning effective escalation management and customer support
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.