User Policy Strategist APAC
Come build the tools, systems, and programs required to expand Stripe’s footprint while protecting Stripe!
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year. A very large part of our endeavor is to expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack.
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. As part of the User Policy team, you will protect and advance Stripe’s business, brand and mission, by deploying industry-leading policies and enforcement solutions that instil user and partner trust in Stripe, whilst enabling progressive and sustainable business growth.
As part of this team, you will lead in defining Stripe’s reputational risk management strategies, whilst ensuring that Stripe’s products comply with regulatory and financial partner requirements. You will partner closely with product managers and engineers, as well as experts across Risk, Legal, Financial Partnerships, and Financial Crimes, to ensure that the company is able to compliantly achieve strategic business outcomes.
This person will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand business priorities, product and tooling requirements, risk profiles, partner and regulator requirements, and will build relationships with partner teams to operationalise Stripe’s policies and standards regarding who we do business with.
To be successful this person will need to be highly collaborative, analytical, detail-orientated, strategic, comfortable navigating ambiguity and complexity, and experienced in working cross-functionally with all levels of seniority.
- Develop comprehensive policies and procedures for issues relating to financial partner compliance, regulatory compliance, consumer protection, reputation management, and enabling regulated or high risk industries.
- Build exceptional handling frameworks to enable the effective operationalisation of these policies.
- Provide expert consultation to internal teams regarding the supportability of potential customers, and help to resolve high profile escalations from users, governments or internal stakeholders.
- Navigate ambiguity to identify policy, product and operationalisation requirements and build internal consensus and alignment around policy proposals.
- Develop exceptional documentation and executive briefings to inform strategic policy decisions.
- Build the next generation of policy standards and practices at Stripe.
- Be directly accountable to business enablement and expansion goals
We are looking for someone with:
- 8+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, international, environment, preferably in Finance, Payments or Tech industries.
- 5+ years experience in a related role (risk, compliance or policy development).
- Experience in developing policy proposals and working with technical and operational teams to implement enforcement strategies.
- A passion for navigating complexity and ambiguity, and working in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across functions and borders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A results and action-orientated mindset and the ability to lead and motivate without authority.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.