User Policy Manager
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year. A very large part of our endeavor is to expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack.
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. As part of the User Policy team, you will protect and advance Stripe’s business, brand and mission, by deploying industry-leading policies and enforcement solutions that instill user and partner trust in Stripe, whilst enabling progressive and sustainable business growth.
This individual will lead a team of strategists that are responsible for the development and implementation of Stripe’s global policy framework across multiple products.
- Drive and be responsible for the end-to-end risk policy strategy for partner compliance, brand and user protection, and business enablement across existing and new products, markets and payment methods
- Develop relationships and work with partners across product, legal, risk, engineering and business teams to prioritize, scope and roll out essential launches
- Work closely with relevant Business Leads to shape and influence risk product and market considerations, and strategic project prioritization
- Develop governance, escalation and accountability frameworks
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team
We are looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience (policy, risk or compliance experience within a fast-paced, high-growth, multi-national company)
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, who is also adept at navigating ambiguity, influencing, negotiating, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across functions and borders
- Proficiency in risk management, identification and analysis, including the ability to issue spot within the context of new product development
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
- Demonstrated project management skills and a proven track record for building and scaling programs and/or teams from the ground up
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills and the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly to all audiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.