User Policy Strategist, Engagements
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year. A very large part of our endeavor is to expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack.
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. As part of the User Policy team, you will protect and advance Stripe’s business, brand and mission, by deploying industry-leading policies and enforcement solutions that instill user and partner trust in Stripe, whilst enabling progressive and sustainable business growth.
This individual will build and manage processes to ensure that User Policy provides the best possible experience to all audiences who interact with policy issues, including Sales, Communications, Executives, Users and Financial Partners.
This individual will be a subject matter expert in Stripe’s policy and standards and will provide expert guidance to the business in navigating complex policy areas, the supportability of prospective clients, escalation and incident management, emerging trends, and risk-based decision-making for strategic customers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about navigating ambiguity, enabling business, and providing a delightful experience for both internal customers and end-users.
- Develop the vision, strategy, goals, tooling and processes required to effectively manage and scale the User Policy Engagements workstream
- Define goals related to user experience, constantly evaluating business practices and making recommendations for improvement
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to consult on time-sensitive, day-to-day policy questions from around the business.
- Deliver excellent standards of issue diagnosis, issue resolution, decision-making, education, communication and reporting.
- Represent Stripe’s User Policy with various external financial partners.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 6+ years of professional experience, with at least 2 years working in a scaled policy or legal analysis workflows.
- A subject matter expert who is detail-orientated but can distill complex policy and legal concepts down into concise, unambiguous, and reliable guidance for internal stakeholders and Stripe customers.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, who can be calm, focused, measured, thorough and responsive under pressure.
- Creative thought, who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
- Demonstrated track record for execution and impact
Nice to haves:
- Two years+ experience working in or managing operational or crisis response teams.
- Proficient in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Experience in executive and/or social media or regulatory escalations
- Previous experience working in the financial or tech sectors.
- Experience with the theory and frameworks underpinning effective escalation management and customer support.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.