US Regulatory Program Manager
Stripe is looking for an experienced regulatory affairs professional to help our US regulatory team. In this role, you will coordinate with Stripe’s Legal, Financial Crimes, Finance, Accounting, Internal Systems, and Security teams, to (a) execute on mandated regulatory reporting, (b) manage our regulatory program for certain licensed US entities, (c) and assist with regulatory license applications as needed. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is exceptionally thorough and detail-oriented, with a background in financial services, payments, or other comparable heavily regulated sectors. In this role, you will get a chance to sustain our regulatory licensing/exam program and be a key cross-functional partner. Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable with both worlds.
- The US regulatory program manager is responsible for ensuring that all of the relevant components of the licensing program for licensed entities in their respective region remain current and compliant.
- Coordinate responses to state regulatory inquiries, filings, forms, applications, renewals, surety bonds, and anything else required for license maintenance
- Assist the team in preparing for independent program assessments or state regulatory exams, as well as the implementation of any remediation items
- Stay abreast of changes to licensing regulations that apply to Stripe and communicate regulatory changes and business impacts to senior management and business stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and business units, relevant state and local agencies, licensing consultants, and outside counsel
- Work proactively with Legal, Finance, Financial Crimes, Product, and other key stakeholders on addressing regulatory risks related to Stripe’s License Management Program
- Support any end-to-end license applications as required in partnership with Stripe’s international regulatory and compliance teams
- Liaise with Regulatory Governance and Oversight team to ensure review and closure of regulatory commitments, as appropriate
Our Ideal Candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Political Science, Economics,or a related field
- 5+ years experience in financial services, with significant experience in payments—familiarity with money transmitter statutes, NMLS, the BSA, and other areas of financial services, such as lending
- A history of professional achievement, including excellent academic credentials and success at a payments startup, financial institution, public sector, law enforcement agency, or top in-house legal department
- The ability to effectively and credibly communicate with senior executives, regulators and other stakeholders
- Great interpersonal skills, good judgement, and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people inside and outside the company
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change.
- Previous paralegal experience or be a licensed attorney
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.