Help us grow our North America Regulatory team at Stripe!
Stripe is a global technology company that builds infrastructure for online commerce. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Stripe operates within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and financial partnership climate throughout the world. You should be comfortable supporting a complicated and regulated product that requires analysis on several fronts. Join us and you will work with a great team and have the opportunity to solve complicated problems in a fast-moving environment.
In this role you will:
- Advise the business on a variety of North American regulatory matters, with a focus on sanctions and anti-money laundering issues.
- Ensure that Stripe conducts its payments and other activities consistent with sanctions and anti-money laundering regulations, including by making sure that Stripe
- Manage Stripe’s relationship with financial services regulators, including OFAC and FinCEN
- Partner with Stripe’s Financial Crimes function and provide the team timely, actionable legal guidance on anti-money laundering, sanctions, and related matters
- Advise Stripe business and compliance teams on relevant financial regulatory developments and develop a legal change management process
- Collaborate with teams across Stripe, including product Treasury, Risk, Financial Crimes and other Legal teams
- Manage outside counsel
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years combined relevant experience at a leading law firm, in-house legal department or agency focusing on financial services regulation
- Substantial experience advising clients on sanctions and anti-money laundering matters
- Substantial experience interacting with regulators, such as OFAC and FinCEN
- Excellent written and verbal communication and advocacy skills
- Excellent strategic thinking to enable business partners to make decisions that are grounded in a practical application of the law, the technology, and the business goals
- a JD degree from an ABA-accredited university and membership in at least one U.S. state bar (or equivalent registered in-house counsel in jurisdiction of location)
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done familiar with payment systems
- A team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company decisive and have excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information; and
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission to increase the GDP of the internet
Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.